Almost completely free as in freedom laptop on top, with very non-free laptop underneath:
Only a few notes about this, except the obvious which is you must have an old Thinkpad X60s which you’re prepared to risk bricking:
- The instructions for installing libreboot are incredibly strange, contradictory, and out of date.
- I used: https://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Libreboot/ThinkPad_X60
- I used these old sources which roughly correspond to the above instructions: https://libreboot.org/release/20140711/
- You need to have Debian installed on the laptop.
- To make it completely free, I will need to dismantle the laptop and replace the wifi card.