On this blog I’ve covered a lot of the new features already:
- Virt-customize is a new tool that complements virt-builder and virt-sysprep.
virt-sparsify --in-placelets you do much faster sparsification. Virt-format uses the same technique to give unused space back to the host.
- The new version of supermin is more robust, and has allowed us to split up the big list of dependencies of libguestfs so that big but rarely used features don’t need to be installed.
- Virt-diff is a new tool for finding the differences between disk images.
- Virt-builder has been greatly enhanced. There are lots of articles covering the features of virt-builder.
- Virt-builder now uses a planner to optimize the steps it has to take to serve up your new guest.
- libguestfs now works on ARM and virt-builder can build guests for different architectures.