Libguestfs is under intensive development upstream to get ready for the blockbuster 1.26 release.
At the moment Pino is working on making virt-builder configuration super-flexible, so it can pull cloud images from multiple distro sources. And also making virt-builder able to install non-x86-64 guests.
I’m working on supermin. Using new features of supermin, libguestfs ≥ 1.25.38 lets you install only those filesystem features that you need support for, with more obscure filesystems & features shuffled off into subpackages that you can install optionally:
- libguestfs — the base library
- libguestfs-xfs — XFS support
- libguestfs-gfs2 — GFS2 support
- libguestfs-nilfs — NILFS v2 support
- libguestfs-jfs — JFS support
- libguestfs-hfsplus — HFS+ support
- libguestfs-rsync — rsync upload/download support
This should make a few people who use libguestfs but didn’t like the number of dependencies it pulls in happy.